Thursday, July 6, 2017

WE ARE ALL WORKING FULL TIME

Now three of us in the Leventhal house work full time. Josh, me and Cory. It wasn't the first day, and it wasn't a holiday, so Wednesday it was time for all three of us to go to our own jobs. Grandma Sheri was on chaperone duty for Wednesday. We are lucky to have a really supportive network of family and friends to help us as we settle into our new routine. She and Poppops (her husband Alan) came and picked Cory up and brought him into the city. We have rented a monthly garage spot right near the theater. They dropped Cory at rehearsal, call time was 11:00am. Wednesday started with a 2-hour drum lesson. This was for Cory and Levi. Levi will be playing Freddie, the drummer, and Cory is understudying this part too. This was a long day for Cory, 11:00am-5:00pm, straight. My mom said this is going to be an expensive habit for her. After she dropped Cory off she went to TKTS and bought tickets for a matinee show, strolled around and grabbed a bite and a drink. 

Cory came out at 5:00pm, again super happy and starving! Grandma took Cory for something to eat and then what did Cory want to do? Visit guitar center of course! Cory told me that he sat down at a drum set and started playing. He said, "Mom, a bunch of girls gathered around and their jaws dropped. One of them started filming me!" I imagine this is only the start of Cory's fan base. Grandma and Poppops brought Cory home and this was the close of day 3.

Cory has Thursdays off. Unfortunately, he spent his first day off needing a root canal. He's home recovering and getting ready to head back to rehearsal tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. I am just so excited and proud of Cory, although I can't say that any of this surprises me, or Yoav. We have always known that this is what Cory was born to do. We can't wait to see him in the show and love that you have decided to share the journey with us through this blog. We will be following for sure! Proud members of the CoryLogan fan Club, since pb&j. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Sheri is having such fun times! I love the special time I get to spend with Cory, and the excitement sharing our news with anybody and everybody - including complete strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Cory! This is all so exciting. I love seeing Cory so excited. A very sureal experience. I think I will believe it July 31st. Grandpa and I cant wait.

    ReplyDelete